If meal prepping isn’t on your New Year resolutions list, then I want you to consider adding it!
Meal prepping isn’t just a trendy habit. It’s one of the smartest, most efficient tools we have to help us meet our health-eating goals. It’s also good for saving time, money, and messiness. So, if you’ve been looking for some tips on how to make meal prep fast and easy… here you go!
- Pick a Day. Choose a day and time to do your weekly meal prepping. You don’t HAVE to do a whole week at a time. You can do fewer days. But it will help to set a schedule for prepping and stick to it. Some people like Sunday afternoons because it’s right before the start of the workweek.
- Build up a Routine. Bake other habits in and around your meal prepping. What will you do before and after? Is this a good time to catch up on your podcasts or audiobooks?
- Get the Gear. This might include a slow cooker, an Instant Pot, or air fryer. A cutting board. Knives, strainers, reusable containers, etc… Whatever you’ll need consistently, but keep it to a minimum. Simplicity rules!
- Stock the Fridge, Pantry and Freezers. Which staples will you need? Whole grains, legumes, canned tomatoes, frozen vegetables… You don’t want to have to go buy everything every week.
- Cook in Batches. Soup is an easy example of this. Make a big bowl. Freeze individual containers. The same idea works with most kinds of dishes, if you plan ahead just a bit.
- Measure Stuff. This helps with portion control and streamlining the whole process.
- Remember Breakfast and Snacks. Don’t limit yourself to just lunch and dinner. Save more time and create healthy things to eat throughout the day.
Meal prep can be SO LIBERATING once you get into the swing of things. It saves you from rushing to prepare meals, eating while “hangry,” and being stuck with whatever’s easy and convenient.
Try this new habit. I bet you’ll like it and find ways to make it uniquely your own.
Need some new recipe ideas this month? Check out my monthly food and fitness membership, Elev8 Club! Each month, you’ll get 4 new recipe and workout cards to add to your journal. All my recipes are easy to cook, BALANCED, and flavorful. Bonus- your family will enjoy these healthy meals too!